Our free site transfer/site migration is completely free. We will, at no point, ever charge you for transferring your site across from a previous provider.
What can you transfer across for me?
What we can transfer across depends on the service provider you are moving from. We run cPanel on our servers, so if you are transferring in from an existing cPanel based host, we can essentially transfer your entire account and all of its settings across. This should include your e-mail accounts and mailboxes, any subdomains, addon domains, DNS entries, databases and anything else attached to it. In short; your site should be an identical copy of what was at your previous provider.
To transfer your cPanel account, your hosting account with us must match the domain we are transferring in. For example, if your hosting account with us is under the name
myhostingaccount.com - the hosting account we are transferring from your old host must also be under the name
myhostingaccount.com. If it is not, we will have no choice but to replace the name of your account with us with the name of the old account we are migrating.
Please note that in order to migrate your account from an existing cPanel host we will need to terminate and recreate your account on our servers using the backup we generate from your old provider. This will mean any existing data or content on our servers will be removed and replaced by the data we take from your old hosting provider. It is not possible to merge any data uploaded to our servers with your account from another provider, so if you have added content to your account with us, please ensure you have a backup before submitting a transfer request.
How do I request a free site transfer?
After you have signed up for your hosting account, you may submit a request to transfer your website by creating a ticket under the Support department. One of our support representatives will get back to you shortly.
In order to transfer your data from your current host, we require specific information. Please note, and for clarification, all of the information we are asking for is information relating to your hosting account with your old provider, and not us. Please do not enter any information in this page that relates to your hosting account with us. Please ensure that the data you have provided is accurate to prevent any delays in our ability to transfer your website across.
- Site Domain: This is the domain name of the site you wish to transfer in.
- Site IP Address: This is the IP address of the site. If you do not know this information, your hosting provider should be able to provide it to you.
- FTP Username: The username you use to access your account via FTP.
- FTP Password: The corresponding password you use to access your account via FTP.
- Control Panel URL: - The URL you use to access your control panel. If this is not a cPanel based host, this can be the control panel you use to gain access to your account functions. This control panel should contain access to files and databases at minimum.
- Control Panel Username: - The username you use to access your account via a control panel. If your current host is a cPanel host, this will be the same as your FTP username.
- Control Panel Password: - The corresponding password you use to access your account via a control panel. If your current host is a cPanel host, this will be the same as your FTP password.